[CentOS-devel] The CentOS Release Number Typography

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jun 6 17:00:53 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 12:52 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 6/5/14, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> How close are we to getting a releaseable first-cut of the
>> centos-artwork srpm ?
>
> I've build the following a few weeks ago:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Models/Distribution/7?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=redhat-logos-69.1.9-2.el7.centos.src.rpm
>
> based on:
>
> http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/7/source/SRPMS/redhat-logos-69.1.9-1.el7.src.rpm
>
> and using:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1
>
> Should I rename the packge name from "redhat-logo...centos.src.rpm" to
> "centos-logo...src.rpm"?
>
>> Jim has bravely offered to co-ordinate that, can we all just make sure
>> he's aware of whatever work is being done in whatever part of the whole
>> artwork spectrum ?
>
> Jim, could you revise the work and point out issues to fix, so we can
> get something acceptable from it?

This is actually a very good start. Johnny had also taken the images you
put up on the wiki to build the rc1 centos-logos package. His is
*slightly* improved over yours as it includes the rnotes anaconda
images, and I believe Tuomas had done something similar. I'll try to do
a rough merge of the packages/patches and put it up on git.centos.org
later today.

--
Jim Perrin