[CentOS-devel] Questions about the new git.centos.org repos

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jun 7 00:33:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 06/06/2014 08:44 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> Now that there are repos up at git.centos.org, I was wondering if anyone
> had a python tool I could use to convert a repo back into a source RPM?

take a look at the get_source.sh script at
https://git.centos.org/summary/centos-git-common.git that will bring
down the non-text sources to match the SPEC requirements for whatever
you have checked out at the moment.

> Similarly, does anyone know how gitblit handles repo change
> notifications?  I'd love to be notified of updates to some repos or
> their tags.  A programmatic tool for gathering that information would
> work just as well... I'm not sure which would work better for my workflow.

https://git.centos.org/activity/ is likely what you are looking for, I
think this can be published as an rss feed as well, eg
https://git.centos.org/feed/rpms will give you rss feed for the rpms
repo's.

Does that help ?

> There's a fair chance at various intervals I'd be hitting the site
> somewhat hard, are there any instructions for mirroring all the parts
> necessary for package assembly?  I'd rather beat up my local mirror than
> pick on the main page.

lets try and see if we can avoid that..

- KB
--