[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 and release numbering

Kay Williams kay at deployproject.org
Sat Jun 7 22:10:23 UTC 2014

> On Friday, June 06, 2014 5:44 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> Taking on board the community and environment expansion that is taking
> place around the CentOS project, the CentOS Board has been considering
> how best to accomodate these efforts.
>
> I'm attaching here a plan put forward by the board towards that aim.
>
> Thoughts ? Comments ?

Is the primary driver for the new versioning scheme the ability to expose
SIG repos in the installer at a rate that differs from the RHEL release
schedule?

If so, seems like we could address this by coding up the new installer UI
(whatever it is) to allows new repos to come along at varying rates and
automatically appear in the UI.

Then we get the best of both worlds - new SIG repos when they are ready, and
compatibility with the RHEL versioning scheme.

No?