[CentOS-devel] Introducing Centpkg (Comments requested)

Brian Stinson bstinson at ksu.edu
Tue Jun 17 13:51:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014, at 4:07, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 06/17/2014 11:34 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> > This looks interesting. It would be good to have something similar to
> > fedpkg. Specially to SIGs as they are going to use koji.  Are we
> > planning something better than fedpkg, as I was thinking why not use
> > same fedpkg after renaming it to centpkg or something similar?
>

> I believe this is the same codebase ( rpkg originated ) modified to work
> with the git.centos.org layout

Indeed, rpkg defines quite a few standard commands so the interface will
be very similar to fedpkg. Having our own "site" (in rpkg parlance) will
also allow us to define our own commands later as the workflow demands.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far!
Brian

--
Brian Stinson
bstinson at ksu.edu | IRC: bstinson