[CentOS-devel] Introducing Centpkg (Comments requested)

Mike McLean mikem at imponderable.org
Tue Jun 17 18:36:28 UTC 2014

Awesome! Thanks for doing this.

Technical comments:
1) Not sure if we need all those directory rpmdefines. One of the nice
things about the CentOS layout is that you can just --define "_topdir $PWD"
and the rest of the dirs just fall into place.

2) I'm not sure about dead.package check in load_spec. We can't formally
adopted that indicator, and if we do, we would probably not put the
dead.package file in the SPECS dir. Probably either drop the check
entirely, or move it out in front of the loop and check for it in the top
directory.

3) Splitting in the metadata. I wonder if we shouldn't just use the default
whitespace split .split(None, 1) instead of splitting specifically on a
single space. It's a little more forgiving if someone tries to manually
edit a metadata file. Also removes the need for stripping.

4) NotImplemented. You have a number of overrides that raise
NotImplementedError. I think perhaps some of these (the non-koji ones)
would "just work" if we did not override them (or maybe I'm being overly
optimistic).