[CentOS-devel] centosplus kernel naming

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:48:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 06/12/2014 02:31 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>
>> However, kernel-plus is also fine with me. Since this is KB's choice,
>> if no one is against it, I suppose this is going to be the "final
>> answer".
>
> go go go ! where is my plus kernel ?

I have it -- well protected from prying eyes. :)

I have another question. Now that the "plus" is in the name, should we
drop the ".plus" tag? For example, the current plus kernel is in the
form of:

kernel-xxx.el6.centos.plus.x86_64

This will become:

kernel-plus-xxx.el7.centos.x86_64

One argument against omitting the .plus tag may become apparent here:

$ uname -r
3.10.0-123.el7.centos.x86_64

If/when there is, say, kernel-xen for c7, that will share the same
'uname' output as the plus kernel.

Thoughts?

Akemi