[CentOS-devel] Latest builds are now online 2014-06-25_build 4

Morten Stevens mstevens at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 25 16:39:33 UTC 2014

> Note: this tree now has a centos-release that implements the scope of
> change we were talking about in the numbering thread. I went through
> quite a few permutations and what we have here seems like the best
> middle ground to be on. I am also going to try and circle back to some
> of the RH folks to make sure they are ok with how we message around
> where the CentOS Linux release is built from.

This change is not the majority of the community.

# rpm -q centos-release
centos-release-7-1406.el7.centos.0.4.x86_64

7-1406 looks confusing... Is it possible to remove the YYMM section
from centos-release rpm? All other Red Hat projects like Fedora
doesn't use this strange release numbering. 1406 sounds like an Ubuntu
release...

Overall, it's a rebuilt of RHEL 7.0. Why not call it CentOS 7.0?

Best regards,

Morten