[CentOS-devel] Questions about the new git.centos.org repos

Pat Riehecky

riehecky at fnal.gov
Mon Jun 9 14:25:45 UTC 2014

On 06/06/2014 07:33 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06/06/2014 08:44 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
>> Now that there are repos up at git.centos.org, I was wondering if anyone
>> had a python tool I could use to convert a repo back into a source RPM?
> take a look at the get_source.sh script at
> https://git.centos.org/summary/centos-git-common.git that will bring
> down the non-text sources to match the SPEC requirements for whatever
> you have checked out at the moment.

This is good first step.  How are you extracting %{dist} for matching
the eventual el7_0 (and friends) packages?

>> Similarly, does anyone know how gitblit handles repo change
>> notifications?  I'd love to be notified of updates to some repos or
>> their tags.  A programmatic tool for gathering that information would
>> work just as well... I'm not sure which would work better for my workflow.
> https://git.centos.org/activity/ is likely what you are looking for, I
> think this can be published as an rss feed as well, eg
> https://git.centos.org/feed/rpms will give you rss feed for the rpms
> repo's.
>
> Does that help ?

That only seems to provide the last 25 updates, which in the event of a
larger release (5.11, 6.6, 7.0) would not cover all the updates.  I'm
afraid I'll need a more comprehensive list....

>> There's a fair chance at various intervals I'd be hitting the site
>> somewhat hard, are there any instructions for mirroring all the parts
>> necessary for package assembly?  I'd rather beat up my local mirror than
>> pick on the main page.
> lets try and see if we can avoid that..

I'm open to suggestions!

--