[CentOS-devel] Questions about the new git.centos.org repos

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 9 23:46:21 UTC 2014

On 06/09/2014 03:25 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> On 06/06/2014 07:33 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 06/06/2014 08:44 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
>>> Now that there are repos up at git.centos.org, I was wondering if anyone
>>> had a python tool I could use to convert a repo back into a source RPM?
>> take a look at the get_source.sh script at
>> https://git.centos.org/summary/centos-git-common.git that will bring
>> down the non-text sources to match the SPEC requirements for whatever
>> you have checked out at the moment.
>
> This is good first step.  How are you extracting %{dist} for matching
> the eventual el7_0 (and friends) packages?

its in the commit messages.

>>> Similarly, does anyone know how gitblit handles repo change
>>> notifications?  I'd love to be notified of updates to some repos or
>>> their tags.  A programmatic tool for gathering that information would
>>> work just as well... I'm not sure which would work better for my workflow.
>> https://git.centos.org/activity/ is likely what you are looking for, I
>> think this can be published as an rss feed as well, eg
>> https://git.centos.org/feed/rpms will give you rss feed for the rpms
>> repo's.
>>
>> Does that help ?
>
> That only seems to provide the last 25 updates, which in the event of a
> larger release (5.11, 6.6, 7.0) would not cover all the updates.  I'm
> afraid I'll need a more comprehensive list....

I think we can tweak this up a bit. Will look at making it by-date
rather than by-number, so that way were not always pushing 500 entries
when nothing changes.

>>> There's a fair chance at various intervals I'd be hitting the site
>>> somewhat hard, are there any instructions for mirroring all the parts
>>> necessary for package assembly?  I'd rather beat up my local mirror than
>>> pick on the main page.
>> lets try and see if we can avoid that..
>>
> I'm open to suggestions!

I'm going to try and see if we can offer up a rsync target with the git
repos. That might be easier as well, on the other hand - if you have the
git checkouts, then your walk-path only needs to be fetch's, and that
should be very quick.

--
Karanbir Singh