[CentOS-devel] Questions about the new git.centos.org repos

Farkas Levente

lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Tue Jun 10 23:33:29 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 12:47 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/10/2014 05:25 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:

>>> were only using git.centos.org, no 'someplace else' is
>>> available to us.
>> this means redhat has access to git.centos.org and they (you
>> don't know who) has write access and push all the source into it
>> and you don't know what they check in and you also modify the
>> same repo for centos modification???
>>
>> it's a joke! or isn't?
>>

> We have only officially modified 3 packages ... centos-indexhtml,
> centos-release, centos-logos.  All the other mods will come from
> the public branding hunt that is happening on this mailing list.
>
> The code gets put into the git repo, yes ... then we use it.
>
> Not sure what the question or joke is?

so there is host git.centos.org which is under the centos.org domain
which was created and administered by rh since you don't know who and
how create these repo. you just got it and use it. and this site
(git.centos.org) referred as the place where the src.rpm are moved
(according to ftp.redhat.com) but you don't know about it and where is
not any src.rpm at all. imho this is a bit funny.

that's why people as where is the src.rpm and since it's under centos
domain we assume you administer this site (ie create git user and
gives rights) so we assume you know who can check in this repo who can
create this repo etc. so in stead of asking rh we can ask you to told
us how is aware of the current situation.

so eg firefox already has 5 commits:
https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!firefox.git/refs!heads!c7
the author can't be determined since it's always:
CentOS Sources <bugs at centos.org> from the beginning. from where can we
know which is redhat and which is centos?

is it clean now what's the question?