[CentOS-devel] srpms for RHEL 7

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Jun 11 16:47:14 UTC 2014

On 06/11/2014 11:12 AM, Masoud Sharbiani wrote:
> So, in order to custom rebuild a distro from git repos, one should:
> Extract the list of repos
> Clone *all* the git repos locally, and switch to the right branch
> run get_sources.sh in all the repos
> then run rpmbuild -bs *.spec in the right directory, for each repo.
>
> I am sure there is/should be a slightly more efficient way than that.
> How about a repo that contains all the non-binary sources for all the
> packages?

Once we release a CentOS RPM that we build into a tree, the SRPM that
goes along with it will be signed and released into the applicable
Source directory exactly as we do it now.  For people who want to wait
for that, they can.  If, on the other hand, someone wants to grab the
source directly from here .. they can do that as well.

Once kernel.org has a kernel for release, they publish it ... before
that time you are free to grab stuff out of their git tree if you want.
Our process is identical to that.

People can clone as many or as few things as they want and do whatever
they want to with it.  They can access it in many different ways.