[CentOS-devel] Introducing Centpkg (Comments requested)

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Mon Jun 16 12:47:18 UTC 2014

On 06/14/2014 02:07 AM, Brian Stinson wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I spent a little bit of time to see if pyrpkg
> (https://fedorahosted.org/rpkg/) could help with the "building RPMS from
> a git repo" workflow. Pyrpkg includes methods that can interact with git
> (cloning, downloading sources etc), koji, and the local mock/rpmbuild
> build processes among other things. You may know pyrpkg better as the
> backend for fedpkg in Fedora.

I agree with KB, this is great. We had kicked around the idea of this
for something to investigate once 7 was out the door and the frenzy
around a new major release had died down a bit. That you've gone and
started it already is fantastic.

> I have a very bare-bones configuration at
> https://bitbucket.org/bstinsonmhk/centpkg that I thought I would share.
> Is the community interested in such a tool? If so I'm happy to keep
> working on it, perhaps with the help of others who are interested?

I'm certainly very interested in this, as it would help make things
simpler and more consistent across the various communities.

We have a number of users who contribute or build for both fedora and
centos. Giving them a common tool keeps the complexity down. Good work
and please continue!

--
Jim Perrin