[CentOS-devel] docker package missing

Tom Sorensen

tsorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:29:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Vincent Van der Kussen <
vincent at vanderkussen.org> wrote:

> > On 06/18/2014 04:37 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Well that is symantics.  docker is provided as part of the RHEL7
> > subscription.  You have to use a different repo so that we can update
> > the docker package at a quicker cadence then standard rhel7.
>
> Which means a deviating version from RHEL?

The entire purpose of extras/ is to not be version locked.

Personally, I'd hate to be stuck on docker 1.0 for the next 10 years. It's
important enough to RH's current strategy that they want to ship it and
support it, but it's also unrealistic (and probably self defeating) to
version lock it.

Tom