[CentOS-devel] docker package missing

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Thu Jun 19 13:49:03 UTC 2014

On 06/19/2014 06:50 AM, Vincent Van der Kussen wrote:

>>> yup, docker isnt in RHEL7 itself, its in extras/ - look at the
>>> conversation around the Extras/ stuff from earlier on this list
>>>

>> Well that is symantics.  docker is provided as part of the RHEL7
>> subscription.  You have to use a different repo so that we can update
>> the docker package at a quicker cadence then standard rhel7.
>
> Which means a deviating version from RHEL?

No. The RHEL Extras channel has a different schedule from RHEL proper.
https://access.redhat.com/site/support/policy/updates/extras

As of now, we've been focused on building the core distro, but we will
be building extras as well.

CentOS has had an extras repository for quite some time, but now in this
case it will align with upstream a bit more. We'll also likely have some
packages in our extras that upstream doesn't provide, as this is where
we've traditionally put additional -release packages such as
centos-release-SCL, centos-release-xen, and centos-release-cr.

--
Jim Perrin