[CentOS-devel] kpatch process

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jun 20 17:30:36 UTC 2014

On 06/20/2014 12:15 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi
>
> since we now have a GA kernel and a zero day update kernel, does someone
> want to have a go at creating the scripts / automation needed to deliver
> kpatch content ?
>
> - KB

Sat through a basic presentation on this, and on the surface it seems
reasonably easy to implement at the local level. Distro wide, it will
become an exercise in deployment of patches, as not all things can be
patched. There's also a reasonably insignificant (or so I'm told)
performance penalty that will grow as more things are added to the
kpatch list without a reboot.

--
Jim Perrin