[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:02:38 UTC 2014

On 25 June 2014 05:10, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Anyone been working on a CentOS-7 minimal install manifest ?
>
> given that its our most popular download on CentOS-6, it would be great
> to have something like that for 7 as well.
>
> would it help if i threw in a baseline to start from ?

Here is out current minimal kickstart package list. We use this as the
basics to get a box installable from the ground up with everything else
needed afterwords. There is still a lot of bike-shedding here: (postfix vs
sendmail, remove prelink, biosdevname, etc) but it comes out to about 353
packages and a disk usage of 888 MB. Ansible and yum gets the rest for us.

%packages --nobase
acpid
authconfig
bash-completion