[CentOS-devel] CentOS7 minimal install ISO

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:34:08 UTC 2014

On 26 June 2014 10:22, Jeff Sheltren <jeff at tag1consulting.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Stephen, thanks for sharing!  In my opinion I'd say "minimal" doesn't
> need things like: mailx, nfs-utils, patch, rsync, screen, telnet,
> traceroute, strace, tmux.  vim-enhanced I personally would like to include,
> but it's not really minimal.

Aha. tmux is for the rest of the admins, screen must be for me. I need to
go learn tmux I guess. Ok lets cut this down again for a micro

%packages --nobase --excludedocs
acpid
authconfig
bind-utils
biosdevname
busybox
crontabs
dhclient
iptables-services
-iwl*
-libertas*
-logwatch
mailx
ntp
ntpdate
openssh-clients
openssh-server
postfix
-prelink
rsync
telnet
traceroute
strace
vim-enhanced
yum
yum-utils
%end

The reason for rsync is it needs to be on the client if you want to rsync
stuff to it. I usually find that is the first thing I have to install on
any box on the internet. I mean really micro could boil down to %packages
--nobase --excludedocs %end

> Just throwing that out there for discussion.  I don't have a strong
> disagreement with your list -- although 888M does seem to be getting kind
> of large.  I wonder what size Wolfy has stuff down to? :)

No problem I figured it was a working example of a less than @core set of
packages.

> -Jeff

Stephen J Smoogen.