[CentOS-devel] DVD split media

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Sat Jun 28 01:21:25 UTC 2014

28.6.2014 1.36, Anssi Johansson kirjoitti:
> Post scriptum: I tried to verify my findings by doing a real "Server
> with GUI" installation. It ended up installing a few more packages than
> I had expected, namely these:
>
> ocaml-brlapi-0.6.0-8.el7.x86_64.rpm
> tcl-brlapi-0.6.0-8.el7.x86_64.rpm
> python-isomd5sum-1.0.10-4.el7.x86_64.rpm
> python-libteam-1.9-15.el7.x86_64.rpm
> pinentry-gtk-0.8.1-14.el7.x86_64.rpm
> quota-warnquota-4.01-11.el7.x86_64.rpm
>
> These are not mentioned in comps.xml, and no other package seems to
> require them either. If you can figure out how they ended up getting
> installed, please tell.

Ahem.. This was mostly a scripting error. I didn't actually have (most)
of those packages installed. I did have packages brlapi-0.6.0-8,
isomd5sum-1.0.10-4, libteam-1.9-15 and quota-4.01-11 installed, and my
grep-fu failed :-/

pinentry-gtk is a slightly different case, though. It really got
installed on the real "Server with GUI" installation, but didn't get
installed on my chroot installation.

It was apparently a dependency for seahorse. seahorse does not depend on
pinentry-gtk, but it depends on pinentry-gui. pinentry-gui is provided
by multiple packages: pinentry-gtk, pinentry-qt and pinentry-qt4.
Apparently I had pinentry-qt already installed when seahorse was being
installed. This meant pinentry-gtk didn't get pulled in.

So it looks like the lists may need to be tweaked a bit, but for the
most part they should be okay.