[CentOS-devel] NX : centos-extras versus EPEL

Sat Mar 1 22:51:13 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs> wrote:
> On 03/01/2014 08:24 PM, Scott Dowdle wrote:
>> Greetings,

Yes, I've been using both x2go and freenx/NX for a while.  The new nx
libs don't break freenx.  You can't intermix the client/servers but
both freenx and x2o can coexist concurrently with sessions with their
respective clients.    On OSX mountain lion the NX3.x client doesn't
work and I don't particularly like the NX4 version, so x2go seems
nicer there, and the windows client lets you resize on the fly, which
is nice too.  There are some quirks like controlling the display
number to avoid conflicts when connecting to multiple hosts that I'm
still working out but mostly they seem at least equivalent and x2go is
all open source, even the client side.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com