[CentOS-devel] Creating a CentOS-only package

Kay Williams kay at deployproject.org
Tue May 13 20:39:06 UTC 2014

But these newer versions are not really CentOS-only? They could be used with
RHEL if someone wanted/needed them?

Perhaps point users to the newer versions in the OpenStack (RDO) repos? Or
create a separate qpid repo where newer versions can always be had (for use
with either CentOS or RHEL)?

Seems cleaner (IMHO) than muddling the packages with a general repo like
centos-plus.

Maybe the question is whether CentOS is providing a general solution for
hosting repositories for newer-than-rhel packages?