[CentOS-devel] Creating a CentOS-only package

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Tue May 13 20:27:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 09:01:53PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> the easy way of doing this would be to drop it into the Plus repo, that
> allows anything ( including stuff that over writes and replaces
> components from inside the base os repos ). however, that means that any
> other code that requires or benefits from the newer qpid would need to
> rely on the Plus repo ( and thereby potentially expose all packages, not
> just qpid, to the install ). Unless some sort of includepkg / excludepkg
> is done ( is messy, but many people can live with it ).
>
> With that in mind, what sort of use cases are you trying to target - i
> dont think we really quantified that in the prev thread.

The general use cases are projects, such as Open Stack, that are
targeting CentOS and who would want to use an AMQP 1.0 messaging
interface, like Open Stack.

We're also of course looking for more avenues for adoption of the Qpid
and Proton projects and AMQP as a standard.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/