[CentOS-devel] Policy for Ad-Hoc Upstreams: Development Hosting

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 03:04:39 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 02:23 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 24/10/14 16:07, Brian Stinson wrote:
>

>> What are some other examples of projects that would benefit from this
>> workflow?
>

> test suites for specific stuff ( eg. t_xen that checks if a new xen
> stack + kernel can still provision and run xen vm's ), documentation and
> code that maps to centos related efforts ( like centpkg and its dep
> chain ); these are all examples of the sort of projects I would expect
> to see using git.c.o as their upstream dev git's.
>
> Also, SIG's have shown interest in moving some upstream content into
> git.centos.org - eg. the most recent conversations in the Atomic SIG
> about having some of their devel repos be moved into git.centos.org -
> and potentially doing some automated CI / testing around it as well.

Hi all - I don't really have input into the "how" of this, but I do have
questions about the "when" - as in, do we have a target to coming to
consensus, someone driving this, and ensuring it wraps up in a timely
fashion.

(KB's comment is the last one I can find on the thread, and that was a
week ago - so I'm concerned this has stalled without coming to resolution.)

Thanks,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst