[CentOS-devel] Policy for Ad-Hoc Upstreams: Development Hosting

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 7 17:32:36 UTC 2014

On 11/04/2014 03:04 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hi all - I don't really have input into the "how" of this, but I do have
> questions about the "when" - as in, do we have a target to coming to
> consensus, someone driving this, and ensuring it wraps up in a timely
> fashion.
>
> (KB's comment is the last one I can find on the thread, and that was a
> week ago - so I'm concerned this has stalled without coming to resolution.)

I think we should be able to do both, arbitary git repos and dist-git
format repos for upstream / sig specific repos in git.centos.org by the
end of next week. But we need to workout how we will signal
cbs.centos.org to consume dist-git style repos hosted in this manner.

Lets bring this up in the next buildsys meeting ( should be Monday 14:00
UTC ). As long as were not doing something that will need a migration
later on, we should go able to start rolling in the upstreams fairly soon.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh