[CentOS-devel] epel-7-ppc64

fxzhang at ict.ac.cn

Tue Nov 25 07:31:15 UTC 2014

Dear Karanbir,

 For the dependency on RHEL, I think you might misunderstand what Haiyong provides.   He did build the whole binary collection on a S822L Power8 server with RHEL7 installed. But during the bootstrap, he did not use any of the existing binary packages from RHEL7 repository.  All the CentOS binaries are built from zero with no dependency on RHEL7 packages. The RHEL7 is simply used as a building platform. And maybe a few source packages are used to solve building issues. So he claimed that in theory he can get the same result in any modern linux distributions.

 Hope it makes things clear.

fxzhang at ict.ac.cn