[CentOS-devel] New repo layouts

Thomas Oulevey thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Wed Oct 15 19:47:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 15/10/14 10:10, Jim Perrin wrote:
> The virt sig folks (and a large thanks to Lokesh here) have been keeping
> the docker packages quite fresh on cbs.centos.org. I'd like to begin
> publishing these via a virt-sig repo, tentatively called
> 'docker-current' or 'docker-latest'
>
> My question is: We have a few other packages such as cockpit, that tie
> into docker, and are linked to atomic. What should be done with them?
>

> My initial thinking would be to structure this a bit like SL does
> software collections. Docker would be a stand-alone repository that
> could then also be a part of a larger repo for atomic or other project.
>

> Thoughts/opinions?

I will just comment about the technical side, as I have no strong
opinion for the content of SIG repositories.

I think each repo content should be associated to a tag, and we should
look at a procedure to transform a mash generated repo (mash dump all
packages associated to a tag e.g /repos on cbs) to a production
repository (location, signing, etc...).

In my view decoupling repository creation/koji too much, will make it
hard to maintain on the long run.

We can have as many destination tags as we want and a package can be
tagged multiple time, so the SIG can decide to depend on an external
repository or to ship the packages in their own repo.

What do you think?

--
Thomas.