[CentOS-devel] Question about generating a spin of CentOS 7

Steven Falco

sfalco at imaginecommunications.com
Tue Oct 28 15:49:27 UTC 2014

I am interested in generating a spin of CentOS 7, but I'm
having trouble identifying the correct tool to compose an
ISO image.

I've done some searching, and tried a number of different
tools, such as livemedia-creator, livecd-tools, pungi, and
so on, but it is not obvious which is the preferred tool.

What tool should I use to compose a spin of CentOS 7?

Also, I'm curious if the official images (such as
CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-NetInstall.iso) are composed with
the same tool, or if there is a different tool that I
would use to compose that type of image.

In other words, is everything essentially a live image today
or are there different tools to compose a live image versus
the official installation DVDs?

	Steve