[CentOS-devel] compiling on EL 7.x, using -fsanitize=xxx

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Apr 13 15:37:09 UTC 2015

Hi all!

Using Centos-7, I'm trying to build a C-language app using
-fsanitize=address, or -fsanitize=thread.

If I compile (and link) with -fsanitize=address when it tries to link
it complains of missing libasan.so.x.x.x. Similarly compiling with
-fsanitize=thread, it complains of a missing libtsan.so.x.x.x.

I can't figure out where one is supposed to find those libraries. they
don't appear to be part of the GCC packages, and doing yum whatprovides
*/libasan.so or yum whatprovides */libtsan.so turns up nothing.

Clues appreciated, thanks in advance!

Fred
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.