[CentOS-devel] compiling on EL 7.x, using -fsanitize=xxx [SOLVED]

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Apr 13 15:40:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:37:09AM -0400, Fred Smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Using Centos-7, I'm trying to build a C-language app using
> -fsanitize=address, or -fsanitize=thread.
>
> If I compile (and link) with -fsanitize=address when it tries to link
> it complains of missing libasan.so.x.x.x. Similarly compiling with
> -fsanitize=thread, it complains of a missing libtsan.so.x.x.x.
>
> I can't figure out where one is supposed to find those libraries. they
> don't appear to be part of the GCC packages, and doing yum whatprovides
> */libasan.so or yum whatprovides */libtsan.so turns up nothing.
>
> Clues appreciated, thanks in advance!
>
> Fred

Oh woe is me. tired, aged, brain, etc.

the moment I hit send I realized I needed to try:

yum whatprovides */libasan.so\* instead of */libasan.so. So I did,
and voila, it gives me the answer I needed.

Sorry 'bout the noise on the list.

                         God made him who had no sin
                      to be sin for us, so that in him
                 we might become the righteousness of God."