[CentOS-devel] GSoC and SIGs

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Feb 10 12:07:17 UTC 2015

hi

As a part of the project we are going to try and get onto the GSoC
program again this year.

Jeff Sheltren and Karsten Wade have offered to do the work needed
towards that goal. I've offered to help in short bursts with specific
things as and when they need anything.

One thing that would be good to get is : a list of the top 3 things
every SIG would like to see done as a part of the GSoC effort; These are
just idea, concepts and pending ToDo's SIG specific. Please send them to
this list, and we can co-ordinate from there.

When trying to put tasks together, try and estimate how long these are
going to take and then divide them upto 4 to 6 weeks worth of a junior
developers typical velocity. Typically, getting an accurate idea of
task-time involves actually starting to do the work - but please dont go
down that route as yet. A reasonable process for now would be to think
about how long it might take you, just off the top of your head - and
then multiply that by 3. That should cover the time it takes folks to
get familiar with our process' and also the relative velocity of someone
much junior doing the same piece of work.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh