[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 - gnome-initial-setup with uid < 500

Olivier Delhomme

olivierdelhomme at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:10:16 UTC 2015

Hi all,

> Hi there,
>
> I install Centos 7 machines through kickstart + a post install script.
> I do not need the gnome-initial-setup to run at all.
>
> My post install script create a user and deletes the guest account.
> When the uid of the newly created user is > 500 everything is fine
> but when the uid is < 500 the gnome-initial-setup still shows up.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to disable/configure gnome-initial-setup for
> users with uid < 500 ?

In fact this is not a matter of gnome-initial-setup but a matter of how
Centos7 is booting and then calling the initial setup program.

Does anyone knows where I should look in order to disable the launch
of gnome-initial-setup when booting a newly installed Centos 7 ?

Does anyone have a documentation about the boot procedure of Centos7
that covers the initial setup ?

Any hint is welcome.

Regards,

Olivier.