[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 - gnome-initial-setup with uid < 500

Gordon Messmer

gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:12:01 UTC 2015

On 02/03/2015 02:10 AM, Olivier Delhomme wrote:
> Does anyone knows where I should look in order to disable the launch
> of gnome-initial-setup when booting a newly installed Centos 7 ?

Are you talking about gnome-initial-setup or firstboot?  It really
sounds like you mean the latter.  gnome-initial-setup should run for
every single user, the first time they log in, regardless of their UID.

If you don't want to run gnome-initial-setup, you can remove the package
of that name.  Or, you can remove
/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-initial-setup-first-login.desktop

If you don't want firstboot, then:
systemctl disable firstboot-graphical