[CentOS-devel] kickstart extra minimal

PatrickD Garvey patrickdgarveyt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:09:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 01/09/2015 11:48 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> nothing on nazar should be consider centos 'project' assets. its my
>>> personal stuff, just like everything else karan.org would be. I am
>>> struggling to see why you might be confused by that.
>>>

>> I assume the confusion is triggered by us ( me ) recommending something
>> from your personal web site rather than from one "fully blessed " by
>> CentOS ( whatever that would mean )
>
> I get that, the bit that I dont get is the assumption that there is no
> content outside of the centos project that might be consumed by folks
> using CentOS Linux.
>
> I can turn those sites off to the world, and just keep doing fluff
> myself - but i think its best to share and lots of awesome people have
> contributed over the years into some of those resources.
>

> --
> Karanbir Singh

Are those kickstart files part of the tools used in the regular QA
flow of the CentOS project? (That's probably the crux of my
confusion.)
If yes, then they are no longer JUST your personal files; they are
critical to the continuing, regular process flow of the CentOS
project. As such, at least a copy should be on a CentOS asset.