[CentOS-devel] Xfce for CentOS group

Anders F Björklund afb at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 21:00:33 UTC 2015

Trevor Hemsley wrote:

>>> I am interested in helping. I had lightdm in CentOS-6.. I will have to see if I can find the RPM I used for it.
>> Great! I did a quick proof-of-concept of LightDM 1.2 (from fc16),
>> the same version as is being used in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and it's OK:
>
> FYI, EPEL7 already has lightdm 1.6.3 but maybe I'm missing the point...

Yeah, it looks nicer* but might end up being more trouble backporting ?
And since most other things in RHEL 6 now use fc16, it sounded right.

* http://afb.users.sourceforge.net/xfce/lightdm-centos7.png

For CentOS-5, it's probably alright to just use GDM. It wasn't as
horrible back then, or otherwise one could probably use XDM or WDM.

--anders