[CentOS-devel] source code of Centos

Gordon Messmer

gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:02:29 UTC 2015

On 01/24/2015 10:49 PM, Rock Lee wrote:
> Thanks for your advice. I've implemented a filesystem based on ext3 fs.
> In order to test the performance of this fs as root fs, I have to install a
> particular kernel and mkfs tools to serveral PC. Your advice is extremely helpful,
> thanks again.

Presumably, the normal installer won't be able to read your filesystem
even if you download your own kernel and tools in %pre.

You could create a driver disk to add your filesystem driver as a module
to the normal installer, in addition to the advice you were already given:
http://www.emeneker.com/modx/index.php?id=26

Or you could use pungi to compose a new installer entirely -- one that
contains your kernel module.