[CentOS-devel] source code of Centos

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:32:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Gordon Messmer
<gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/24/2015 10:49 PM, Rock Lee wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your advice. I've implemented a filesystem based on ext3 fs.
>> In order to test the performance of this fs as root fs, I have to install
>> particular kernel and mkfs tools to serveral PC. Your advice is extremely
>> helpful,
>> thanks again.
>

> Presumably, the normal installer won't be able to read your filesystem even
> if you download your own kernel and tools in %pre.

"The normal installer", probably not. But that's a scriptable
operation in %pre, just use parted or relevant tools to clear and
create partitions, and the new tool to make the filesystem, and tell
anaconda to use what it finds.

Using anaconda's filesystem creation tools are kind of like pushing a
rope. It kind of/sort o works, except when it doesn't.

> You could create a driver disk to add your filesystem driver as a module to
> the normal installer, in addition to the advice you were already given:
> http://www.emeneker.com/modx/index.php?id=26
>
> Or you could use pungi to compose a new installer entirely -- one that
> contains your kernel module.

Or he can use '%pre". I've certainly done this in test environments
where building up a new boot image or installation CD image was a lot
more work than I wanted to spend.