[CentOS-devel] Feedback on C7 Vagrant Box

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Thu Jul 9 13:49:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com>
wrote:

>  2) The VirtualBox Guest Additions aren't included.  I'm assuming this is
>> due to a licensing issue and not that they were simply not considered but
>> wanted to double check.
>>

> This part I am not sure. I need to check how we can add "VirtualBox Guest
> Additions". yes, we want to fix this.

I've used these scripts to create Virtualbox boxes in the past:
https://github.com/jeffsheltren/vagrant-centos  Specifically, it mounts the
guest additions ISO file provided by Virtualbox (
https://github.com/jeffsheltren/vagrant-centos/blob/master/setup#L44-L45)
and then runs the installer to build the kernel modules from within
kickstart (
https://github.com/jeffsheltren/vagrant-centos/blob/master/ks.cfg#L151-L157
).

If someone (not me, sorry KB!) could package those as an RPM, that would
definitely be interesting.

-Jeff