[CentOS-devel] Feedback on C7 Vagrant Box

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:17:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 10/07/15 14:04, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> I've been getting bitten by the "8 Gig default size" I'm finding in
>> AWS and other CentOS environments. It's definitely time to bump it up
>> to 20 Gig.
>
> I dont know what 'other CentOS environments' means, but in AWS did you
> try and add more storage and size up ?

Yes, but it's awkward. A launch done with the current CentOS 6.x  base
HVM image remains with an 8 Gig "/" parition, even if a larger disk
image is allocated for it, until you manually use "fdisk" to delete
the partition and resize it manuall, do a reboot so CentOS 6 sees the
full partition, and then use "resize2fs" to rebuild it.

I keep a larger base disk image around for just this purpose, but it's
a waste of time I could better spend on other tasks, and rebooting is
a fairly undesirable step.