[CentOS-devel] Adding midonet-release to CentOS Extras (as a CATPR?)

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 29 15:45:59 UTC 2015

On 27/07/15 16:35, Sandro Mathys wrote:

>> but have you considered the
>> Cloud SIG as a way to get midonet packaged? As far as I can see it would
>> definitely fit in scope there.
>
> Considered, yes. Either CentOS Cloud SIG or EPEL, not sure what's
> better for us or whether both can co-exist - didn't think to hard
> about it just yet. The thing is, we'll first have to unbundle lots of
> stuff so this will be a mid- to long-term goal which we hope to bridge
> with the inclusion of a midonet-release package.

Based on what you are looking at, the way to work this is to join the
Cloud SIG, and do your builds on our infra, test your code with us, and
integrate with the rest of the stack from the base OS, to openstack to
the networking stack and Midonet.

If you want to talk about this in more details, feel free to drop into
one of my open office hours sessions on #centos-devel on
irc.freenode.net ( details at : http://www.centos.org/community/calendar )

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh