[CentOS-devel] Adding midonet-release to CentOS Extras (as a CATPR?)

Sandro Mathys

sandro at mathys.io
Thu Jul 30 10:17:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:45 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 27/07/15 16:35, Sandro Mathys wrote:
>>
>>> but have you considered the
>>> Cloud SIG as a way to get midonet packaged? As far as I can see it would
>>> definitely fit in scope there.
>>
>> Considered, yes. Either CentOS Cloud SIG or EPEL, not sure what's
>> better for us or whether both can co-exist - didn't think to hard
>> about it just yet. The thing is, we'll first have to unbundle lots of
>> stuff so this will be a mid- to long-term goal which we hope to bridge
>> with the inclusion of a midonet-release package.
>
> Based on what you are looking at, the way to work this is to join the
> Cloud SIG, and do your builds on our infra, test your code with us, and
> integrate with the rest of the stack from the base OS, to openstack to
> the networking stack and Midonet.

Right, that sounds like a plan once we're ready to be included in the
distro. But we face tons of deps (mostly java libs/jars) that we need
to bundle first. That's why I'm explicitly asking about inclusion of a
midonet-release package, not MidoNet as a whole. What's the criteria
and process for that?

Thanks,
Sandro