[CentOS-devel] Adding midonet-release to CentOS Extras (as a CATPR?)

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 30 11:10:46 UTC 2015

On 30/07/15 11:17, Sandro Mathys wrote:

> Right, that sounds like a plan once we're ready to be included in the
> distro. But we face tons of deps (mostly java libs/jars) that we need
> to bundle first. That's why I'm explicitly asking about inclusion of a
> midonet-release package, not MidoNet as a whole. What's the criteria
> and process for that?

There really isnt one. We wont include the -release package directly
unless the content it reflected on was also part of the CentOS
ecosystem, either in a SIG or part of the upstream relationship ( eg.
for stuff in CentOS Extras ).

There have been conversations kicking around about getting a policy in
place and have some sort of a formal test and eval for content standards
in a third party repo external to CentOS - but getting something in
place is non-trivial and clearly you guys have packaging problems at
this point anyway.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh