[CentOS-devel] Old issue with Minimal ISO

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 30 15:55:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 30/07/15 14:00, Leam Hall wrote:
> The minimal install is a great tool for doing simple builds for base
> machines. The regular DVD puts in a lot of cruft and a Kickstart build
> assumes you have a kickstart infrastructure.

Simple builds for base machines is exactly what the minimal iso is meant
to target, we dont intend to fork the entire distro into a minimal set
and haveto support it like that,

> It really seems a matter of "do it right or don't do it at all." If you
> have a minimal install ISO, please have it meet the same expectations
> the other images meet.

I am not sure what you mean by that ? We do set expectations for the
minimal iso and your use case isnt one of them.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh