[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG] Need info

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 12:11:10 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On 06/01/2015 05:37 AM, Thomas Oulevey wrote:
> We realized that having single set of tags for each SIG, is too little
> for most SIGs. So we need to take into account, more parameters and
> allow the SIG to grow and acquire new "projects".
>
>>> nfv7-{project}-{release}
>
> For example the cloud SIG has openstack, cloudstack, etc...
> (e.g: cloud7-openstack-kilo)
>
> So the idea is to categorize what are your deliverable and define
> project name and if needed releases for each. Releases allow the team to
> work on different version at the same time (e.g : liberty, kilo , juno
> for openstack). We also defined some -common repositories that are
> shared across releases, other that are shared across the entire SIG.
>
> Feel free to comment on the bugs.c.o for your request or here on the
> mailing list for general question about the workflow.

I don't know how you feel, but for OPNFV that feels like excessive
overhead for the moment - is it possible to start with one or two tags,
and work from there? We don't have a diversity of projects (yet), and I
fear we will guess wrong with tags if we try to anticipate now for
future needs.

What purpose do the tags serve? How do they fit into the CentOS
ecosystem in general?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338