[CentOS-devel] [NFV SIG] Need info

Thomas Oulevey thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Mon Jun 1 13:48:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 01/06/15 13:11, Dave Neary wrote:

> I don't know how you feel, but for OPNFV that feels like excessive
> overhead for the moment - is it possible to start with one or two tags,
> and work from there? We don't have a diversity of projects (yet), and I
> fear we will guess wrong with tags if we try to anticipate now for
> future needs.

Who can do more, can do less approach.

nfv7-opnfv-latest or nfv7-opnfv-master is fine as a single tag. it's not
about the number but the modularity.

> What purpose do the tags serve? How do they fit into the CentOS
> ecosystem in general?

It's just a way to build packages with clean buildroots and you get in
bonus repositories containing all packages for development : it's quite
handy.

thanks,

--
Thomas