[CentOS-devel] Calendar of Meetings [Was: Re: Office Hours / Happy hours]

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 11 11:19:27 UTC 2015

On 09/06/15 20:34, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:
> I took a look at the code used by OpenStack and it is easy to get running.
>
> I have never put anything into our infrastructure before.  It looks like we need:
>
> 1) A git repo to hold the meeting data

https://git.centos.org/summary/sig-core/calendar.git
mirrored at https://github.com/CentOS/Calendar for external direct
contrib. You should have access to push/pull from both locations at this
point.

> 2) A decision on who can commit meeting changes or if we want to do a pull style system.  (Do we want to mirror this down from github and let that system manage the commit issues?)

let folks PR at github, and you can then accept/deny. folks from the
core sig can also help cover if you need. I dont anticipate this being
super high velocity.

> 3) A server/container engine somewhere that can run the ics generator on an as needed basis.

is it possible for you to run this gen on your machine and only push the
ics file back into the git repo, we can then have a url that points to
the file, and thats the end of that ( i.e the file hosted at
git.centos.org itself )

> 4) A webserver that can serve the .ics file to interested subscribers and serve the meeting list.
>
> There appears to be a jquery display widget we could get running if we really want a calendar style listing on the website.  I can also look at extending the code to provide a textual list of meetings for the next period of time (assumes we can get a cron job for daily refresh).

this would be nice for www.centos.org; I'll let you workout with Jim as
to how and where this might slot in.

> I am happy to do the leg work, but I don’t know where to get started on securing these resources.  Any ideas.

thanks for the offer to run this for us!

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh