[CentOS-devel] ABRT reporting to CentOS Bug Trucker

Jakub Filak jfilak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 06:36:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

as you might have noticed, ABRT has added support for direct reporting to CentOS
Bug Trucker:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-February/012732.html

We are keen to include those patches in CentOS-7.1 but the patches need 4 new
fields added to /etc/os-release. The first two fields are for CentOS Bug Tracker and the
last two fields are for Retrace server:

https://fedorahosted.org/abrt/wiki/AbrtRetraceServer

Would it be possible to add these fields with their values to /etc/os-release:

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

One may complain that ABRT can guess these values from the already existing fields,
but we have been burned by this approach too many times.

Kind regards,
Jakub