[CentOS-devel] Query regarding contributing RPMs to CentOS Repo

James Hogarth

james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:03:41 UTC 2015

On 13 November 2015 at 10:53,  <ravulakollu.kumar at wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We have a requirement to use kernel version 3.18.22  on top of CentOS7. We have created RPM package for Linux kernel 3.18.22 for our purpose. We would like
> to contribute the same to CentOS Repositories. My question is whether centos accepts contribution from others ?
> If so we would like to contribute our spec file and RPM.
>
> Thanks,
> Uday

1) Please don't top post
2) That seems rather specific. Why is that in particular being
targeted, and why does the base, centosplus or elrepo kernels?
3) Given the specificity how do you propose to maintain it? Although
3.18 is a long term series 22 is already a couple of revisions behind
and the 23 patch was fairly substantial to miss:
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/ChangeLog-3.18.23