[CentOS-devel] bootstrap for CentOS Configuration Management SIG

Julien Pivotto

roidelapluie at inuits.eu
Fri Oct 16 18:38:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 03:23:49PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> Julien Pivotto is going to undertake bootstrapping the ConfigManagement
> SIG, and I've setup a wiki page under the SIG space. We can use this
> co-ordinate the initial proposal and also as a way to bring together and
> document scope + deliverables from people who would be interested in
> joining this effort.
>
> config management is a core component of many infra setups around the
> world these days, and i am sure we have a fair level of interest within
> the existing SIGs as well as the existing contributor base. So everyone
> lets get behind Julien and help with this effort.
>
> He is putting together his initial thoughts at :
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG ; we
> can use this centos-devel mailing list as a means of communication and
> for questions etc.
>
> Regards,

Some feedback: We have 6 people for sure on board, including me and
Fabian (CentOS board member).

The 6 people are 2 Chef, 2 Salt, 1 ansible (Fabian), 1 Puppet (me). I
think that this team can still grow when we will bootstrap the actual
work.

The acquisition of Ansible from Red Hat today will certainly in a close
future attract also more people into this SIG.

This mail is my call for the Board. I would like to propose it
officially, given the information on this email and on the wiki page,
for an approval vote. If it is acquired, then we will continue the process
with the creation of the relevant ML, Git repos, etc...

--
 (o-    Julien Pivotto
 //\    Open-Source Consultant