[CentOS-devel] RFC: Performance tuning of the Vagrant images

Vince Skahan vds at uw.edu
Tue Apr 26 17:42:49 UTC 2016

I'd suggest keeping centos6 looking like vanilla centos6 to the extent possible, rather than adding things not native to that base os as it comes from upstream.....

Re: deltarpm, again I'd have centos7 run like vanilla unaltered centos7 to the extent possible.  If it uses deltarpm, so be it.

Once you go down the path of over-optimizing for one or a few user communities, you'll be signing up for a lot of labor and questions regarding 'why does my vagrant box not work like a baremetal centosNNN box?' type questions.   Danger.....

--
Vince Skahan
Infrastructure Engineering and Support