[CentOS-devel] RFC: Performance tuning of the Vagrant images

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:05:21 UTC 2016

On 4/27/16 6:44 PM, Vince Skahan wrote:
> I didn't realize from your original email that tuned was available in centos6 as just-another-rpm.   Sorry for the confusion.

No problem.  I also misunderstood your position as opposing any change
to the default configuration, even if appropriate for the purpose of the
images. :)

> Incidentally when you're doing the vagrant images, can you please create the CD/DVD device in your base boxes ? That's a pain to have to continually add/fix via the Vagrantfile after the fact, and it's needed to follow the usual interactive ways to install the vagrant guest additions documented on the Vagrant website (although yes, it can be done other ways too).

I wouldn't risk such a change now, with the release just a few days
away.  This is something we'll have to look at next month, after the
release.

Best regards,
Laurențiu