[CentOS-devel] [opstools] fluentd packaging

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 21:41:20 UTC 2016

In working with the fluentd packaging from the opstools sig, I think
we need to make at least two changes:

- For type=tail sources, fluentd really wants a pos_file parameter to
  track the file position.  It would be helpful if we created
  /run/fluentd via /etc/tmpfiles.d as a common location for storing
  these files.

- I think that the *_secure_forward plugins (which permit using ssl
  for communication between a fluentd client and a collector) are
  going to be a necessity for just about everybody, so these should
  probably be packaged in manner similar to the elasticsearch plugin.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/